NY Rangers Fan Confidence Poll: Expensive depth – 8/2/21
Final Season Record: 27-23-6 (5th in East Division)
Last Poll’s Results: 5.33 (881 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- Another week, another question about where to start. Well, the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for Ryan Reaves and promptly added another year at $1.75 million to his deal.
- The Rangers signed center Filip Chytil to a two-year contract extension. While players under contract have more value than RFAs, the rumors are that he is not in any trade package with Jack Eichel. At least not yet.
- Restraint was the winner in free agency so far. The highlight so far was depth, with the Rangers signing defenseman Jarred Tinordi and forwards Dryden Hunt and Greg McKegg.
- The Blueshirts also finalized the Patrik Nemeth contract for three years.
- There were also rumors that the Rangers were going to walk away from Pavel Buchnevich after arbitration, if it got that far. Aside from it being extremely poor asset management, it’s likely a reason why they got nothing in return. But without that big ticket trade that comes next, what was the point?
- Despite the concerns, the Rangers are still a better team now than they were last season. The bottom six additions add flexibility and depth.
- Speaking of big ticket trades, if Jack Eichel does come to Broadway, where does Ryan Strome land? Or does that mean that Mika Zibanejad and his contract demands are next in line to be moved?
- The Rangers qualified six RFAs ahead of the deadline. The Chytil signing means five are left unsigned. It is worth noting that Yegor Rykov was not qualified.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.