Last Week’s Results: L 4-2 @ PIT, L 4-0 @ BOS, W 4-0 @ BOS
Season Record: 11-12-3 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 3/15 (vs PHI), 3/17 (vs PHI), 3/19 (@ WSH), 3/20 (@ WSH)
Last Poll’s Results: 6.94 (140 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers wound up losing their first two games this week, extending their losing streak to three in a row. They then rebounded and shutout the Bruins to close out the week. It makes you wonder if they are ready to jump to contention next season.
- Artemi Panarin is back, and the Rangers looked revitalized with him in the lineup. Makes sense, since he’s their best player.
- The Rangers placed Jack Johnson on waivers in what is likely a cap saving move.
- Brett Howden was a healthy scratch the other night, and it’s time to really think hard about his role with the Rangers.
- San Jose is likely to go through a rebuild, which means Tomas Hertl might become available. He’d be a good center option if Jack Eichel becomes too expensive.
- There’s a lot of “sell high” talk about Ryan Strome. But don’t be so sure he’s going to be traded at the trade deadline.
- The penalty kill is one of the best in the league, and it’s due to some small tweaks in the system.
- ESPN and the NHL are locked into a seven year deal with non-exclusive TV and exclusive streaming rights. The deal is a win-win-win.
- Vitali Kravtsov is done in the KHL playoffs, and is in New York beginning his mandatory quarantine period.
- Hartford Update: Morgan Barron is making his case for a call up, as he’s been dominant so far.
- Injury Update: Panarin returned to the lineup, so now the Rangers are just waiting on Igor Shesterkin to return from his groin injury.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.