Note: I had this scheduled for yesterday, but we had two great posts and two signings, so I moved this to today instead.
Record Last Week (Monday to Sunday): 1-2-0 (10 GF, 14 GA)
Season Record: 36-28-4 (215 GF, 201 GA)
Schedule This Week: @ DAL, @ COL, @ ARI
Last Week’s Results: Average Score: 8.05 (237 votes)
Top stories from the last two weeks:
- The Rangers went 1-2 this week, playing a strong game in a loss to St. Louis followed by Mika Zibanejad’s five-goal performance against Washington. They capped the week with a loss in a trap game to the Devils.
- Podcast: Have you checked out our most recent Live From The Blue Seats recording? It’s right here! We chatted about Mika Zibanejad’s five goal game, how the Chris Kreider injury impacts the team, and if the Rangers can make the playoffs.
- The Rangers made a key NCAA free agency splash, landing Michigan State center Patrick Khodorenko.
- The injury to Kreider exposed the Rangers’ lack of depth, which is impacting their results.
- The comments on our tongue-in-cheek post about Zibanejad were gold. That post was written because many, including those who get paid to talk about the team, said he was never going to be a 1C.
- Playoff Hunt: The target for the playoffs seems to have lowered to around 95 points, which means the Rangers have about 4 losses and 1 OT loss left before they can’t get to that number.
- Injury Updates: Chris Kreider fractured his foot and is out indefinitely. Igor Shesterkin returned from his fractured rib, although the Rangers would be wise to be cautious.
- Hartford Wolf Pack Update: The Pack went 0-3-0 last week. The Pack are now 28-17-4-5. This team has been gutted by recalls and simply can’t produce the offense needed to skate with the best in the AHL.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.