Last Week’s Results: W 3-1 vs BUF, L 4-0 vs NYI, L 3-0 @ NYI
Season Record: 26-20-6 (5th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 5/3 vs WSH, 5/5 vs WSH, 5/6 @ BOS, 5/8 @ BOS
Last Poll’s Results: 7.86 (172 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- That’s all she wrote, folks. The Rangers kept themselves relevant by beating Buffalo, but then dropped both to the Isles, effectively ending their season. It’s not mathematical elimination, but they are, for all intents and purposes, officially eliminated.
- The big news this week was injuries, as the Rangers lost Chris Kreider, Ryan Lindgren, and Brett Howden to injuries. That, along with Jacob Trouba’s injury, left the Rangers depleted.
- The secondary news was the recall of both Tarmo Reunanen and Morgan Barron. The Rangers shook up their lines to manage the injuries and recalled, but it’s important to keep expectations realistic for the duo.
- Lauri Pajuniemi signed his entry level contract. Now it’s just Nils Lundkvist.
- Adam Fox won the 2021 Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award.
- Things are looking up for the Rangers. And just remember they are rebuilding better than the Devils. Enjoy the stress free hockey to end the year. It’s likely the last time we get it for a while.
- Hartford Update: The Pack are 13-8-1, having won their last two games. They have a few games left this year, and likely won’t make the playoffs.
- Injury Update: The Rangers are without Jacob Trouba, Ryan Lindgren, Chris Kreider, and Brett Howden. Howden is done for the season, and with just one week left, we may not see the others either.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.