Last Week’s Results: OTL 5-4 vs PHI, W 9-0 vs PHI, L 2-1 @ WSH, W 3-1 @ WSH
Season Record: 13-13-4 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 3/22 (vs BUF), 3/25 (@ PHI), 3/27 (@ PHI), 3/28 (@ WSH)
Last Poll’s Results: 6.84 (133 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers had a roller coaster ride this week. They lost in OT to the Flyers before exploding for a 9-0 win. They then split a series in Washington.
- As the Rangers continue to play .500 hockey, they are losing ground on the playoffs. Each regulation loss is even more brutal.
- At the start of the season, shooting luck was a problem for the Rangers. Then it was injuries and COVID, which only exacerbated the shooting issues. Now with everyone healthy, the Rangers are scoring. Their shooting woes are mostly powerplay related now.
- Speaking of COVID, the entire Rangers coaching staff has COVID. Kris Knoblauch and Gord Murphy are coaching the Rangers at the moment.
- Given their standing in the playoffs, it’s safe to assume the Rangers are going to sell what they can at the deadline. Brendan Smith is likely on that list of potential trade bait.
- Ryan Lindgren has emerged as a true top pairing defenseman and has altered the outlook on left defense for the Rangers.
- Tarmo Reunanen made his Rangers debut, notching an assist in a COVID related recall.
- Zac Jones and UMass Amhearst won the Hockey East. They won the automatic bid for the Frozen Four, and will be joined by Eric Ciccolini and Michigan.
- Hartford Update: The Pack are struggling, mostly due to a poor roster. They are 3-6-1 and are in second (of three) in the division.
- Injury Update: The Rangers are just waiting on Igor Shesterkin to return from his groin injury, which should be soon. Jack Johnson is done for the season though, after successful sports hernia surgery.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.