Admin Note: If you were a fan of River Ave Blues, you definitely saw this come up a lot. I miss that site, and the Fan Confidence Poll was their idea. It’s not stealing, it’s an homage to one of the best fan run sites there was.
I’m going to try something new here, which is a theme that you’re going to see around these parts going forward. As mentioned in the admin note, I like the idea of a poll that checks the pulse of the fan base, seeing how everyone feels about the team on a weekly basis. Since is the first one, I’m going to cheat a little bit and not necessarily limit it to the prior week, but for the first six weeks of the season.
Record Last Week (Sunday to Sunday): 2-1-0 (10 GF, 9 GA)
Season Record: 5-5-2 (35 GF, 36 GA)
Schedule This Week: vs. FLA, vs. PIT, @ TBL, @ FLA
Top stores from last week:
- The Blueshirts got crushed by the Bruins on Sunday, but followed it up with very strong team wins against Tampa Bay and Nashville.
- For the first time in his career, Marc Staal was a healthy scratch.
- Injury Updates: Mika Zibanejad suffered an upper body injury against Boston, and has not played in the past two games. However he did skate on his own at practice on Sunday. Yegor Rykov still remains on season opening IR with the Rangers.
- Filip Chytil and Ryan Lindgren were recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack.
- Igor Shesterkin won the AHL’s goalie of the month for October, posting a 1.49 GAA and .942 SV%.
- Hartford started the season 8-0-0-1, but only gained two of six points this past weekend.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.