Record Last Week (Monday to Sunday): 0-2
Postseason Record: 0-3-0 (4 GF, 11 GA)
Schedule This Week: N/A
Last Poll’s Results: Average Score: 7.5 (89 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers were swept out of the postseason by the Hurricanes, scoring just one goal each in Games 2 and 3. The better team won. It happens.
- Almost immediately following the sweep, rumors were abound about Henrik Lundqvist’s future. There is a possibility he retires.
- Lundqvist’s decision does not impact how the Rangers will handle Alex Georgiev. Georgiev will climb no higher than #2 on the depth chart, and a trade is almost certain.
- Aside from the goalie position, the Rangers will need to address their depth problems.
- The draft lottery is set for tonight at 6pm. The Rangers have a 12.5% chance of landing the top pick.
- Yegor Rykov will spend next season in Russia. This was expected given the COVID concerns. Nils Lundkvist is also staying overseas in Sweden.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.