NY Rangers Fan Confidence Poll: What’s the plan, man? – 7/26/21
Final Season Record: 27-23-6 (5th in East Division)
Last Poll’s Results: 7.54 (359 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- Where to start? The Rangers lost Colin Blackwell to Seattle in the expansion draft after protecting Kevin Rooney instead of him.
- The Rangers inked Barclay Goodrow to a six year deal with a $3.6 million cap hit. The contract is back loaded and comes with a limited NTC. Goodrow is a good player, but that is a bad contract.
- The Rangers traded Pavel Buchnevich to St. Louis for peanuts. There’s no other way of putting that.
- Tony DeAngelo’s buyout was completed. That saga is finally over.
- Brennan Othmann was the Rangers first round selection at #15 overall, shocking many that they didn’t actually trade the pick.
- The Othmann pick was fine, but the Rangers did have a little bit of a swing towards grit over skill. That’s fine, however more than one pick had feedback saying “tries hard every shift” as the best thing to be said. That doesn’t bode well.
- All of this makes you wonder…what exactly is Chris Drury’s plan? And a better question: Is it even a good plan?
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.