This game man…this game. Absolutely stellar performance by Alexander Georgiev and the offense to back him up. The high danger chances converted for the Rangers vs the Knights was the key here, but an exciting game nevertheless. Let’s get to the thoughts shall we?!
- Literally 10 seconds into the game, Georgiev has to make a high danger save. Is there anything more on-brand than that for the 2019-2020 New York Rangers?
- What more can you say about the incredible skill set of Artemiy Panarin. The guy is an elite hockey player in every aspect of his game. Subban did not have a great night in goal by his standards, but a filthy shot eluded him and it was what got the rout going.
- The Rangers were hilariously outshot in this game, but all it takes sometimes is converting on big spots like they did on the 4 minute power play tonight with a little bit of puck luck for the rebound to go right to Trouba’s stick, but an even better shot to beat Subban.
- You absolutely hate to see what happened to Cody Glass. Lemieux in my opinion showed no intention on that elbow, but that was careless in all aspects. This game is fast though and hits like that will occasionally happen. Lemieux answered for it later with a scrap with Carrier, but you hope Glass is okay.
- Last week’s game was definitely avenged tonight and it was good to see that the team looked to be having fun when they would pan down the bench.
- David Quinn has gotten a lot of criticism this season for his decision making with the lineups, but the kids did alright tonight.
- Kakko showed a little more on the power play tonight than he has in a while. It was good to see he at least was firing a few one-timers on Subban.
- There’s fun to be had that Georgiev might have to be traded, but would it really be the worst thing for the Rangers to keep him and he be Shesterkin’s backup when Igor eventually makes the NHL? Hank is this team’s goalie, but Georgiev/Shesterkin is most likely your future tandem. Worst case, you could still let Igor tear up the AHL next season and see. There are some difficult decisions coming for Gorton and company regarding this with the cap and what makes sense for the future of the Rangers.
- Those are some pretty brutal delay of game calls against the Rangers that went off the glass both times. How do you manage to miss that?
- Kreider is just lighting money on fire every game, but it was good to see him get a goal tonight. I’m starting to worry he won’t fetch the kind of package we were hoping for later on at the deadline. furthermore, who on earth is going to give him the bag this summer?
- Sign Jesper Fast, that’s it, that’s the thought. He’s not the flashiest player on the ice, but he just gets the job done.
- It’s nice to have the play of Mika Zibanejad back on the both 5v5 and special teams again.
- So is Hank ever going to get a shutout ever again? Good for Georgiev though!
- We needed this kind of win, the team’s first in Vegas. This one was fun to watch.
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93"Vegas Golden Knights/Rangers Game Thoughts",