Archive for Steven Kampfer
The Rangers signed defenseman Steve Kampfer and forward Chris Mueller to two-way deals (one year each). Both signings are depth deals, aimed to improve a woefully bad Hartford Wolf Pack team. Mueller played six games with the Stars this year, but put up 25-32-57 in the AHL. Kampfer hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2011-2012 season.
Update: The Rangers have also signed Matt Hunwick to a one-year, $600k deal. Hunwick played one game in the NHL last season after spending six seasons as a #7 defenseman in Colorado and Boston.
Update #2: The Rangers have also signed goalie Cedrick Desjardins. The 28-year-old goalie will serve as AHL depth.
Free agency is upon us, and teams that were not allowed to talk specific contract details will find a way to work out extremely complicated contracts within minutes of free agency opening. The Rangers have four key guys headed to free agency, with three likely on their way out. We summarized those here. We will be live-blogging the free agency signings, with moves made by the Rangers in bold. Discuss anything you want, keep it civil.
- Dallas has traded Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to Ottawa for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson
- Christian Ehrhoff to Pittsburgh: 1 year, $4 million. Bargain.
- Manny Malholtra to Montreal: 1 year, $850k.
- The Rangers are out on Anton Stralman.
- The Rangers are not in on Mark Fayne or Ryan Carter either.
- Oilers sign Benoit Pouliot (5 years, $20 million) and Mark Fayne (4 years, $14.5 million).
- Brian Boyle has at least one five-year offer.
- Chad Johnson to the Isles, two-years, $1.3 million per.
- Milan Michalek re-ups in Ottawa – three years, $4 million per.