20 Fun Rangers Facts as they prepare for their 20th game
The Rangers are going to hit the 20 game mark tonight in Los Angeles, which is about one-quarter of the season. Lots of column inches and digital ink has been spent about why the Rangers are a little over hockey-.500, and it’s time to change direction a bit, even if just for a day. There are some fun Rangers facts through the first 19 games that jump out. Some are actually fun. Some are “fun” in a not so fun way.
1. The Rangers currently have two centers over 50% in faceoffs: Vincent Trocheck and Ryan Carpenter.
2. The Rangers also have two wingers over 50% in faceoffs: Chris Kreider and Alexis Lafreniere.
3. The only player with over 50 shots on goal and zero goals: Jacob Trouba.
4. Only one Ranger has 50 shots on goal, 50 blocked shots, and 50 hits: Jacob Trouba.
5. Plus/minus is a dumb stat, but who is a team worst minus-nine? Artemiy Panarin.
6. Only one Ranger has over 10 points, over 50 hits, and over 50 SOG: Vincent Trocheck.
7, One forward has almost 44% of the Rangers powerplay goals: Mika Zibanejad.
8. Five regulars have no goals this season: K’Andre Miller, Jacob Trouba, Sammy Blais, Ryan Lindgren, Braden Schneider.
9. The team leader in SH%: Julien Gauthier (25%), followed by Filip Chytil (20%) and Adam Fox/Barclay Goodrow (15.4%).
10. Half of Jimmy Vesey‘s goals are shorthanded (1 of 2).
11. The forward with the best CA/60: Kaapo Kakko.
12. The top-five in CF/60, in order: Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Jacob Trouba, K’Andre Miller, Vincent Trocheck.
13. The non-Ryan Reaves forward with the worst CF%: Barclay Goodrow.
14. The forward with the worst CA/60, including Reaves? Barclay Goodrow.
15. The defenseman with the worst CA/60? Libor Hajek.
16. The bottom-five in xGF/60, in order: Ryan Reaves, Ryan Carpenter, Sammy Blais, Braden Schneider, Julien Gauthier.
17. The top-five in xGA/60, in order: Filip Chytil, Jimmy Vesey, Adam Fox, Ryan Lindgren, Ryan Reaves.
17a. Yes, that Ryan Reaves.
18. Only six Rangers have an on-ice SH% over 8%, in order: Julien Gauthier, Filip Chytil, Sammy Blais, Adam Fox, Barclay Goodrow, Braden Schneider.
19. Eight Rangers have an on-ice SV% under 90%: Artemiy Panarin, Jacob Trouba, K’Andre Miller, Ryan Reaves, Alexis Lafreniere, Ryan Carpenter, Kaapo Kakko, Vincent Trocheck.
20. Number of 3+ game win streaks this season: 1
20a. Number of 4+ game losing streaks this season: 2
Non-counting stats from Natural Stat Trick.
Categorized: Stats To Chew On