Montreal Canadiens/Rangers Game Thoughts
Another game, another decent performance in goal with an unlucky ending. There are certainly some aspects of tonight that were much better than last night–one being WAY less shots on goal against. Other aspects were also aggravating, but Georgiev had another solid outing tonight. Let’s get to the thoughts shall we?
- There aren’t enough words to describe my disdain for Brendan Gallagher the player, he’s a top 10 most punchable face in the entire league. Damn can the guy score some goals when he wants to though.
- Following that goal against, Georgiev stepped it up and made some pretty impressive saves and kept the Rangers in the game constantly.
- I know the Penalty Kill is bottom 5 in the entire league, but it is SO nice to have Zibanejad back and forcing two-on-ones while short handed constantly. Ruff is an atrocious special teams coach, but I applaud the aggressiveness he makes his penalty killers have to create offense if they have the chance.
- Kakko needs to shoot the puck way more on the power play. It could be rookie season jitters, or a multitude of things, but he needs to rip it every now and then. He’s forcing passes and chances die when he could just shoot and possibly score.
- I’m glad Staal could come back and shoot the puck 15 feet wide EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Please buy him out this summer.
- Lemieux continues to be a penalty drawing master this season. I fall in love with his game more and more. Helps when he can pot in a couple goals like he has the past couple weeks.
- Kreider had one of his better games of late. At least the broadcast was saying his name tonight! God I wish he buried that chance against Price on the power play…
- “Oh it’s a breakaway and it’s…Brendan Smith…well, maybe he can create a rebou–OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!”
- In all seriousness, great move by Smith on the breakaway. That’s not the first bottom six player to go backhand bar down on Carey Price….Tanner Glass anyone?? 😉
- When you are tied 1-1 in the 3rd period, you absolutely should send out the 4th line and try to kill time as much as possible instead of shortening the bench and keeping it all offense to win the game.
- Ryan Strome has 9 SOG in his last 5 games and no goals, almost like his shooting percentage might be regressing a bit wouldn’t you say?
- Well at least this loss gets us closer to a better draft pick! Quinton Byfield anyone?
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93