This one was a doozy. Georgiev continues to show how much of a stud he truly is as a backup for this team. He was a majority of the reasons that the Rangers walked away with a victory tonight. Alright, enough of this, let’s get the thoughts going!
- The shots heavily favored Columbus, but this is why you make sure your goalies are not only prepared to go, but have proper coaching, positioning, and quick reaction time to bring the type of performance Georgiev brought. I guess it’s good to see that Hank isn’t the only goalie left out to dry.
- Brendan Lemieux continues to get it done by being offensively aware and going to the high danger areas of the ice. Of course, a SICK pass from Zibanejad makes that goal happen from behind the net, but you need to finish as well and Lemieux has been doing really good things for the team. His ability to draw penalties does not go unnoticed this season.
- That’s what we need more of out and Jacob Trouba and I’m really glad that he’s allowed my worries of the contract to go to the wayside. Depth on the power play is what this team needs to succeed and boy have they had it this season.
- Artemiy Panarin is a New York Ranger and I thought he was the Rangers best forward tonight. His all around game is not talked about nearly enough. Not only is he ELITE offensively, but he can back check incredibly well to get back and break up plays and allow his teammates to transition up ice.
- The goaltender interference review needs to be launched into the freaking sun. There’s no consistency, no explanations, and it’s ridiculous that an inept ref in Toronto gives Columbus a chance to tie the game after that.
- The officiating on the ice was just as brutal. The missed call on Skjei, Lemieux being the only one to go off for roughing Bjorkstrand, Panarin getting tripped in the neutral zone, the refs have been consistently inconsistent that’s for sure.
- A hard earned two points, but important for the standings if you are hoping this team makes the playoffs.
- I love Ryan Lindgren more and more each game and I’m always impressed with his skating ability the more I watch him.
- Are you guys ready for the return of Marc Staal now that Hajek is potentially out? *Purchases all of the bleach from Home Depot*
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93"Columbus Blue Jackets/Rangers Game Thoughts",