Today should be quieter. The Rangers don’t have a pick until the fourth round, with 4 picks total (rounds 4-7). Discuss and follow here.
- Philly gave up 3 picks to move up 11 spots in the second round. That’s a hefty price.
- Interesting trade, as VGK gets Keegan Kolesar, who is huge but has underwhelming numbers in the WHL, for a 2nd round pick. Kolesar was a 3rd rounder two years ago.
- I am not expecting the Rangers to move up into the 3rd round. They didn’t make a deal in the 2nd either.
- Travis Hamonic is heading to Calgary. The return for the Isles is a 1st rounder and a pair of 2nd rounders. Plus $4 million in cap space for a guy who is declining. Good trade by Snow.
- Arizona gets 2 picks to move back 4 spots. Chayka might be young, but he’s got this GMing thing down pat.
- The Rangers have traded pick 102 (4th) to San Jose for picks 123 (4th) and 174 (6th).
- Rangers take defenseman Brandon Crawley at #123.
- Rangers take Calle Sjalin at #145.
- Rangers take Dominik Lakatos at #157.
- Rangers take Morgan Barron at #174.
- With their last pick, the Rangers take forward Patrik Virta.
That’s it folks. Interesting draft for the Rangers. Lots of over agers and Euros.