Let’s face it, last night’s loss felt like a kick to the stomach. I don’t think any of us were able to wake up without feeling sad, disgruntled, nauseous, confused, personally victimized, etc… I personally can’t formulate a logical post, so instead, some post-game thoughts.
- The Rangers dominated last night. This is infuriating right now, but I’ll take great play and a tough loss over getting run over for two games.
- All things considered, where the heck is Rick Nash? I mean, hooray he’s being defensive and we need him to play well, but I’m pretty sure the $7.8M he’s making this year wasn’t a contract signed for him being a great two-way player. We need him to be shooting, and not just at Quick’s chest.
- Speaking of Quick, the Rangers can beat him. Now we just need them to not give up leads.
- Does anyone else feel post-traumatic stress disorder whenever the Rangers go up 2-0? I’m no doctor but I’m pretty sure if you’re a Rangers fan, your life expectancy has gone down 5 years this postseason.
- Brad Richards.. Bradley Glenn Richards. You see, this is hard, cause he carried the team early in the season and he has been effective this postseason. But he is glaringly bad against LA, showing maybe signs of exhaustion despite a hard summer workout with friend Martin St. Louis. All signs point to buyout?
- All things considered, I still see the Rangers winning this. The Kings have gone to OT in their last three games and have with much more fire. Being down 3-0 to the Sharks is sweet, but it takes its toll. You only play with fire for so long. The Rangers win over the Canadiens was decisive; the Kings over the Blackhawks was settled in OT of Game 7. Keep the faith.
So here are the questions for you:
- Do you see the Rangers winning? How long will this series go?
- Buy out Richards in order to keep more of our lines together next season?
- Who will wear the C next year if Richards is bought out (not that it’s definitely his to lose)
- Which LA King are you most afraid of? Which do you think is most overrated?