- After the trade deadline Derick Brassard had five goals in six assists while Marian Gaborik had three goals and five assists.
- The Rangers went 9-3-1 following the trade deadline.
- Before the trade deadline the Rangers averaged 2.4 goals per game. After it, they averaged 3.6.
- Check out this chart of where playoff teams ranked in shot differential this season. (Via @NHL_Stats)
- The Rangers went 17-4-2 this season when they didn’t allow a power play goal.
- New York is 86-0-6 when leading after two periods dating back to 2010. They went 16-0-0 when leading after two this season.
- Henrik Lundqvist has allowed two or fewer goals in 16 of his last 20 games. During that time, Lundqvist is 13-5-2 with a 1.78 GAA and a .930 SV%.
- During his six-game point scoring streak, Brad Richards has five goals and six assists.
- Ryan Callahan has posted five goals and six assists during his seven-game point scoring streak.
- Derek Stepan scored 18 goals in 48 games this season. He had 17 in 82 games last year.
- Stepan hasn’t gone more than two games in a row without scoring since March 8. (Via @NYDNRangers)
- The Rangers were last in the offense in scoring at the trade deadline, they finished the year ranked 15th.
- The Blueshirts scored more goals in April than any other team (51).
- Rick Nash is the only active player with nine straight seasons of 20+ goals. (Via @Buccigross)
- The Capitals didn’t score on the Rangers in the second or third periods in any of their three meetings this season. (Via @MattCalamia)
- Washington has the league’s best power play at 26.8%. (Via @AdamVingan)
- Check out this heat map of where Alex Ovechkin scored his 32 goals this season. (Via @Buccigross)
- Every member of the Original Six is in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. (Via @JoshRimerHockey)
- Rick Nash ranked fifth in the NHL with 176 shots on goal.
- Derek Stepan tied for second in the NHL with six game-winning goals.
- Lundqvist ranked sixth in the NHL with a 2.05 GAA and fifth with a .926 SV%.
- Ryan Callahan ranked 11th in the NHL in hits with 154.
- Ryane Clowe ranked ninth in the NHL with 93 penalty minutes.
- Dan Girardi led the NHL with 125 blocked shots. Girardi ranked eighth in the league in average time on ice at 25:25.
Statistical pace of the Rangers over 82 games
Derek Stepan: 30 goals, 44 assists, 74 points
Rick Nash: 39 goals, 39 assists, 78 points
Brad Richards: 19 goals, 41 assists, 60 points
Ryan Callahan: 29 goals, 27 assists, 56 points
Carl Hagelin: 17 goals, 23 assists, 40 points
Michael Del Zotto: 5 goals, 32assists, 37 points
Ryan McDonagh: 6 goals, 26 assists, 32 points
Dan Girardi: 3 goals, 21 assists, 24 points
Derick Brassard: 20 goals, 29 assists, 49 points
Taylor Pyatt: 10 goals, 8 assists, 18 points
Marc Staal: 7 goals, 35 assists, 42 points
Mats Zuccarello: 16 goals, 27 assists, 42 points
Ryane Clowe: 6 goals, 32 assists, 38 points
Anton Stralman: 6 goals, 5 assists, 11 points
John Moore: 2 goals, 16 assists, 18 points
Brian Boyle: 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points
Chris Kreider: 7 goals, 3 assists, 10 points
Steve Eminger: 0 goals, 7 assists, 7 points
Arron Asham: 6 goals, 0 assists, 6 points
Darroll Powe: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 72 points. #1 seed, will face the Islanders in Round One.
Islanders: 55 points. #8 seed, will face the Penguins in Round One.
Flyers: 49 points. Eliminated
Devils: 48 points. Eliminated
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust - 38gp, 5g, 9a, +11, 110PIM.
John Mitchell – 47gp, 10g, 10a, +5
Brandon Dubinsky - 29gp, 2g, 18a, 76PIM. Will not play for the USA in the World Championships because of a lingering knee issue. (Via @APortzline)
Artem Anisimov - 35gp, 11g, 7a, -6. Will play for Russia in the World Championships. (Via @APortzline)
Tim Erixon - 31gp, 0g, 5a, +4. Will not play for Sweden in the World Championships because of a bursa sac in his ankle. (Via @Aportzline)
Ruslan Fedotenko – 47gp, 4g, 9a, +8
Wade Redden – 29gp, 3g, 4a. Received this plaque for reaching the 1000-game mark earlier this year. (Via @DAlfredsson11)
Mike Rupp – 40gp, 1g, 3a, 79PIM.
Jeff Halpern – 46gp, 1g, 2a, -8
Marian Gaborik – 47gp, 12g, 15a, -3. Will not play for Slovakia at the World Championships after failing his end of year physical. (Via The NY Rangers Blog)
- New York ranked 15th in goals per game, 4th in goals against, 23rd on the power play and 15th on the penalty kill.
- 5 teams averaged more shots per game than New York’s 30.9.
- New York scored 74 goals on home ice this year, tied for fifth in the NHL.
- The Rangers scored the fewest road power play goals in the league with eight.
- Only three teams had more hits than New York’s 1413.