- New York has won 11 of its last 12 games against the Flyers dating back to March 6, 2011. The Rangers have outscored the Flyers 46-20 during that timeframe.
- The Rangers are 14-3-3 in their last 20 games against the Islanders.
- New York is 19-for-20 on the penalty kill over its last seven games. The Rangers are 14-4-2 when they don’t allow a power play goal this season.
- Henrik Lundqvist is now tied with Eddie Giacomin for most career shutouts by a Ranger goalie with 50.
- Lundqvist has allowed two or fewer goals in 12 of his last 13 games and has a 1.66 GAA and a .941 SV% over that span.
- The Blueshirts are 82-0-6 when leading after two periods dating back to the 2009-2010 campaign.
- New York is 13-2-1 when scoring first this season.
- Rick Nash ranks fifth in the NHL with 152 shots on goal.
- Lundqvist ranks sixth in the NHL with a 2.06 GAA and fourth with a .928 SV%.
- Brian Boyle ranks sixth in the league with 145 hits. Ryan Callahan is 11th with 137.
- Dan Girardi is sixth in the NHL with 103 blocked shots. Girardi ranks 11th in the league in average time on ice at 25:14.
- Derek Stepan is ranked 11th in the NHL at +18.
- The Rangers have 46 points in 41 games this season, which puts them on pace for 53 points. We projected it would take 53 points to make the playoffs this year.
- New York’s current pace would put the team on track for 92 points in a full 82-game season. The Blueshirts racked up 109 points last year.
- The Blueshirts had 58 points after 41 games last year.
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 64 points. Next 5: vsMon, @Bos, vsBuf, @Ott, @NJ
Islanders: 47 points. Next 5: vsFla, @Tor, @Wpg, @Car, @Phi
Devils: 40 points. Next 5: @Phi, vsFla, @NYR, vsMon, vsPit
Flyers: 39 points. Next 5: vsNYR, vsNJ, @Car, vsBos, vsNYI
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust - 33gp, 5g, 7a, +13, 102PIM
John Mitchell – 42gp, 10g, 8a, +5
Brandon Dubinsky - 24gp, 1g, 13a, 66PIM
Artem Anisimov - 34gp, 11g, 7a, -6. Out again with an upper-body injury.
Tim Erixon - 26gp, 0g, 5a, +3. Remains out with an “upper-body” injury.
Ruslan Fedotenko – 42gp, 4g, 9a, +5
Wade Redden – 23gp, 2g, 3a
Mike Rupp – 38gp, 1g, 3a, 67PIM
Jeff Halpern – 41gp, 1g, 2a, -6
Marian Gaborik – 42gp, 12g, 13a
- New York is ranked 27th in goals per game, 4th in goals against, 20th on the power play and 12th on the penalty kill.
- New York has only scored 30 second period goals this season, third-fewest in the league.
- Only Pittsburgh has allowed fewer goals in the third period this season than the Rangers, who have surrendered 30.
- 5 teams are averaging more shots per game than New York’s 30.9.
- Only the Panthers have scored fewer goals on the road than New York’s 36. New York has only allowed 45 goals on the road, second-fewest in the league.
- The Rangers have scored the second-fewest road power play goals in the league with seven.
- Only Toronto and Los Angeles have more hits than the Rangers’ 1227.