- The Rangers are just 4-10-1 against Eastern Conference opponents currently in the playoff picture.
– Chris Kreider has scored six goals and one assist for the CT Whale since being demoted just over two weeks ago.
– The Rangers are 11-5-1 when both Rick Nash and Marc Staal are in the lineup.
– The Rangers have allowed their opponents to score first in 18 of 28 games this season. They are 7-10-1 in those matches. (Via @RothmanHockey)
– Derek Stepan’s tying goal in the second period last night snapped a 129:55 team scoring drought. (Via @AGrossRecord)
- New York has scored three goals in its last four games.
– Henrik Lundqvist (264) is two wins away from tying Eddie Giacomin for second place on the all-time Rangers wins list. Mike Richter holds the record at 301. (Via @RangrsFan)
– Rick Nash ranks seventh in the NHL with 102 shots on goal.
– Lundqvist ranks eighth in the NHL with a 2.24 GAA and eighth with a .921 SV%.
– Lundqvist does not have a shutout this season after recording 19 over the last two seasons.
– In the second half of back-to-back sets during his career, Lundqvist is 38-17-7 with a 1.92 GAA, .932 SV% and six shutouts. (Via @Mike_Rappaport)
– Ryan Callahan ranks eighth in the league with 95 hits.
– Dan Girardi is fourth in the NHL with 76 blocked shots.
– The Rangers have 30 points in 28 games this season, which puts them on pace for 51 points. We projected it would take 53 points to make the playoffs this year.
– New York’s current pace would put the team on track for 87 points in a full 82-game season. The Blueshirts racked up 109 points last year.
– The Blueshirts had 38 points after 24 games last year.
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 44 points. Next 5: vsWash, @NYI, vsPhi, vsMon, vsWpg
Devils: 32 points. Next 5: vsNYR, @Car, vsFla, @Ott, @TB
Islanders: 29 points. Next 5: vsOtt, vsMon, vsPit, vsFla, @Wash
Flyers: 27 points. Next 5: @Pit, vsNYR, vsNYI, vsBos, vsWash
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust – 25gp, 4g, 5a, +13, 81PIM. Remains out with a separated shoulder.
John Mitchell – 27gp, 9g, 6a, +8
Brandon Dubinsky – 18gp, 1g, 8a, 39PIM.
Artem Anisimov – 21gp, 6g, 2a
Tim Erixon – 21gp, 0g, 4a
Ruslan Fedotenko – 29gp, 1g, 7a
Wade Redden – 18gp, 2g, 2a
Mike Rupp – 26gp, 1g, 2a, 43PIM
– New York is ranked 27th in goals per game, 4th in goals against, 25th on the power play and 8th on the penalty kill.
– The Rangers are seventh in the NHL with a faceoff win percentage of 51.6%.
– New York has only scored 18 second period goals this season, fewest in the league.
– 7 teams are averaging more shots per game than New York’s 30.2.
– No team has scored fewer goals on the road than the Rangers (19). The Rangers have also allowed just 19 goals on the road this season, fewest in the NHL.
– New York ranks fourth overall with 851 total hits.