Baby Rangers Fall In OT; Advance To Traverse City FinalsSeptember 14, 2011, by
Looks like the Baby Rangers won’t be going undefeated in the tournament after all, dropping the last game of round-robin play to the Baby ‘Canes 4-3 in overtime. It stinks to see them lose, but they will advance to the finals of the TC tournament anyway. Some notes:
- Christian Thomas’ giveaway led to the winning goal, but the kid has had a strong tournament regardless. He also added a goal and an assist this game. He’s young and small, but he has the elusiveness and the offensive skill to make it in this league.
- Tim Erixon is going to make the Rangers.
- Shane McColgan is looking more and more like a steal every second he plays. Sure, he has flaws and needs to refine some aspects of his game, but in a few years, he could be scary good.
- I’m making Jon Audy-Marchessault’s nickname JAM. Not because he goes and hits everyone, but because they are his initials. I’m creative.
- Speaking of JAM, the kid sure does have some hands, doesn’t he?
- Most of the Rangers prospects getting the top minutes are showcasing speed, skill, character, and grit. That’s a quality combination there.
- Jason Missiaen rebounded nicely from what I thought to be a mediocre performance in the first game. They weren’t all pretty, but he made 38 saves, which is a nice accomplishment.
- Tommy Grant is one of the oldest players at the tournament, but he looks lost, doesn’t he?
- J.T. Miller didn’t have an offensive touch this game, but he still plays the part of the grinder pretty well. In a weak 2011 draft, at least he gives you the effort you want from a player.
- Has anyone seen Michael St. Croix?
- Or Sam Noreau?
- Let’s end this on a positive. Tim Erixon. Period.