NY Rangers Fan Confidence Poll: Expansion Madness – 7/19/21
Final Season Record: 27-23-6 (5th in East Division)
Last Poll’s Results: 7.52 (360 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers made a splash, acquiring Barclay Goodrow and sending Brett Howden to Vegas in separate trades. The trades were announced well after the 3pm deadline, but it was worth the wait.
- The expansion draft list was announced, with the guys you expect being protected. The only surprise was Kevin Rooney getting protected over Colin Blackwell or Julien Gauthier.
- Ryan Strome is apparently drawing some decent trade interest. Ottawa was named specifically. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Remember, the Rangers don’t need to trade him.
- The Rangers re-signed Julien Gauthier to a one-year contract. This was a precursor to protecting Rooney and trading Howden.
- Chris Drury is taking calls on Alex Georgiev, and apparently asking for a first round pick. This is another player the Rangers don’t necessarily need to trade, but taking calls is always a smart thing to do.
- Pavel Buchnevich’s future is going to be watched intently over the next few days. He’s a solid top line winger, and has certainly reached his peak potential that some raved about as far back as 8 years ago.
- It seems like weeks ago, but the Rangers did hire a pair of assistant coaches in Mike Kelly and Gord Murphy.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.