Last Week’s Results: L 6-3 vs WSH, L 4-2 vs WSH, L 4-0 @ BOS, W 4-2 @ BOS
Final Season Record: 27-23-6 (5th in East Division)
Last Poll’s Results: 7.04 (200 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- That’s all she wrote, folks. The Rangers were eliminated from playoff competition before the week began. They then dropped three in a row before surprising us with a nice win to close out the season. And you’d think that would be the big story?
- The Rangers shocked everyone this week by firing Jeff Gorton and John Davidson. Chris Drury is now the President and General Manager of the New York Rangers. Glen Sather will act as an advisor. That was big story #1.
- Big story #2 was the lead in to the shake up. First, Tom Wilson committed aggravated assault on Pavel Buchnevich and Artemiy Panarin, ending Panarin’s season. Then Wilson wasn’t suspended. Then the Rangers issued a statement questioning George Parros’ ability to run the Department of Player Safety. Then the Rangers were fined $250,000 for that statement. Just a wild week.
- And the icing on the cake: Buchnevich was suspended one game for a high stick. Crazy.
- Colin Blackwell is the Rangers nominee for the 2021 Masterton Trophy.
- Hartford Update: The Pack season ended this week. They finished second in their three team division with a record of 14-9-1.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.