With the trade deadline tomorrow, Brandon Cohen thought it would be fun for the group to throw out some realistic trade deadline propsals that we can see happening. Here’s a few that were suggested (that haven’t happened yet) be sure to comment with some that you see happening!
The Suit – Less of a prognostication, but Jake Debrusk is an interesting one. He’s an underperforming 24 year old who was drafted 14th overall by the Bruins. If he’s moved, it could be an interesting benchmark for the Rangers if some of their young players end up getting traded down the road.
Conall – The Rangers trade Brandon Smith (50% retained) to Winnipeg for a 2021 4th and a conditional 2022 6th (if Winnipeg makes conference final). Also I would be shocked if Taylor hall doesn’t end up in Florida.
*Side Note Brandon went full Jonah Hill in moneyball here. I asked for 1-2 he gave me 10.
- Brett Howden to the Red Wings for a 2022 4th round pick
- Brendan Smith at 50% retained to the Penguins for a 2021 4th round pick
- Taylor Hall (loser) to FLA for 2 2nd round picks and a prospect (who isn’t actually good)
- Miles Wood to BOS for Jake DeBrusk and a 2nd round pick
- Marc Staal to PHI 50% retained for a 4th round pick
- Luke Glendening to EDM for a 2nd round pick
- Mikael Granlund to TOR for a 2nd and Kerfoot
- Chris Tierney to VGK for a 2nd
- Bernier to TBL for a 3rd and a 4th
- Rittich to COL for a 3rd and a 4th
So what are yours guys thoughts? Who do you have being moved? What are your trade deadline proposals?