Last Week’s Results: W5-2 vs WSH, OTW 3-2 @ BUF, SOL 3-2 vs BUF
Season Record: 17-15-5 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 4/6 vs PIT, 4/8 vs PIT, 4/9 @ NYI, 4/11 @ NYI
Last Poll’s Results: 6.41 (165 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers started the week off strong with a win against Washington and an overtime win against Buffalo. But they then blew a chance to get three in a row by letting the worst team in the league walk all over them.
- The Rangers have not had any success generating sustained offense, despite scoring goals in droves the past week. That is a little more AV-style smoke and mirrors.
- Given the stagnant offense, it’s time to change up the lines. Perhaps identifying it they are developing or competing would help.
- Brandon posted his monthly 20 thoughts, and it’s always a good read.
- Vitali Kravtsov made his Rangers debut, almost scoring a highlight reel game winner, only to be denied by a highlight reel save. He’s looked good, but expectations should remain reasonable.
- The playoffs were never realistic, but they really took a beating last week.
- Morgan Barron is lighting up Hartford, and it makes you wonder if a call up is looming. He’s been moved back to center as well.
- The Rangers signed Hunter Skinner to an entry level contract. He joined the Wolf Pack, which was the best case scenario given Skinner was supposed to be in the OHL this season.
- Hartford Update: The Pack won their third in a row this week. They are 6-6-1 and are in second (of three) in the division.
- Injury Update: None. No one is hurt or in COVID protocol. First time since the third game of the season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.