Last Week’s Results: W 5-3 vs BUF, W 8-3 @ PHI, L 2-1 @ PHI, L 5-4 @ WSH
Season Record: 15-15-4 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 3/30 vs WSH, 4/1 @ BUF, 4/3 @ BUF
Last Poll’s Results: 7.13 (134 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers started the week off great, with a pair of wins against Buffalo and the Flyers. They then had two rough afternoon games to the Flyers and Caps.
- The Rangers sent Brendan Lemieux to the LA Kings for a 4th round pick this weekend. It was a surprise, but something that makes perfect sense.
- David Quinn is off COVID protocol, and the Rangers coaching staff is fully healthy again. But they need to be better about playing the kids in a clear development year.
- The Rangers have been trending up, finally getting their shooting back.
- Pavel Buchnevich’s contract is up this summer, and it will be an interesting situation to watch.
- Despite what others say, Igor Shesterkin has solidified himself as the starting goaltender.
- Adam Fox for Norris is gaining steam, at least in New York. He’s an elite defenseman, and is deserving of at least being a finalist.
- Zac Jones and UMass have punched their ticket to the Frozen Four.
- Hartford Update: The Pack won two in a row this week. They are 5-6-1 and are in second (of three) in the division. Most importantly, Morgan Barron was moved back to center these two games, where he’s excelled.
- Injury Update: Phil Di Giuseppe is off COVID protocol. Only Brett Howden remains.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.