Last Week’s Results: L 4-3 (@ PHI), W 6-2 (vs BOS), L 4-1 (vs BOS)
Season Record: 7-9-3 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 3/2 vs BUF, 3/4 @ NJD, 3/6 @ NJD, 3/7 @ PIT
Last Poll’s Results: 6.7 (137 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The depleted Rangers lost a sloppy game to the Flyers, before splitting a pair with the Bruins.
- Artemi Panarin is took a two week leave of absence following a Russian hit piece that was clearly politically motivated. Allegations are that he beat up a girl in a Latvian bar in 2011. There is significant evidence that this never happened, and no victim has come forward.
- There is a strong case to call up Morgan Barron, given the Rangers scoring issues.
- The Rangers are trending in the right direction, despite the losses. Process matters more at this point in the rebuild.
- A good amount of very premature chatter that Alexis Lafreniere is a bust. That’s just silly.
- Hartford Update: Tarmo Reunanen and Morgan Barron continue to be hot to start the season, but the Pack have now dropped three in a row
- Injury Update: Filip Chytil is set to return this week. Ditto Kaapo Kakko, whenever he is removed from the COVID list. There is no update on Jacob Trouba. Panarin remains out.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.