Last Week’s Results: L 2-0 (vs NYI), OTL 3-2 (vs BOS), L 1-0 (vs BOS), vs PHI Postponed
Season Record: 4-6-3 (6th in East Division)
Schedule This Week: 2/16 (vs NJD), 2/18 (@PHI), 2/20 (@ WSH), 2/21 (@ WSH)
Last Poll’s Results: 7.5 (174 votes)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers went winless last week. They no-showed the Isles, but played the Bruins strong only to hit two goalies who stood on their heads.
- The powerplay is a source of frustration, but the process is there. The issue? Mika Zibanejad is more snake bitten than a mouse in a snake pit. IT doesn’t help that Artemi Panarin is hurt too.
- David Quinn is riding his young stars, but he has a lot of adjustments to make if he wants to survive as the Rangers coach.
- It’s clear center depth is a hole on the Rangers. To address it, the Rangers will have to trade from a position of strength. They have ben very quietly accruing cap space via savvy taxi squad moves to do it.
- Brendan Lemieux is emerging as an elite fourth line winger, and someone worth protecting in the expansion draft.
- The Hartford Wolf Pack are 2-0 at the moment, with two strong wins to kick off their season..
- Injury Update: Colin Blackwell is back in the lineup, but Artemi Panarin was out for at least a game. Brendan Smith is getting closer. There are no updates on Filip Chytil or Jack Johnson.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.