Record Last Week (Monday to Sunday): 2-1-0 (10 GF, 6 GA)
Season Record: 23-20-4 (156 GF, 153 GA)
Schedule This Week: vs NYI
Top stories from last week:
- The Rangers crushed the Islanders to start the week, then played the best game of the David Quinn era in another win over the Isles. They ended the week with a last minute loss to Columbus.
- A lot of the recent success appears to be attributed to a slight forechecking change, which has improved neutral zone play and zone entry defense. Brett Howden is also looking good on the wing.
- Libor Hajek was sent down to Hartford.
- We welcome Karly Redpath to the BSB team! Read her first post on the Blueshirts and their commitment issues.
- Trade Rumors: Trade rumors are swirling around Chris Kreider, whom the Rangers are trying to re-sign, and Alex Georgiev, whose price is higher than we thought.
- Injury Updates: Libor Hajek returned. Brendan Lemieux is still out with a hand injury.
- Hartford Wolf Pack Update: The Pack had a rough week, losing all three games this week and extending their losing streak to four in a row. Despite that, they are still sitting atop the Atlantic Division with a 23-10-4-5 record. Their loss to Hershey to close out the week put them in a virtual tie with the Pack, but the Pack have a game in hand.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the Rangers, their direction, coaching, management, prospects, and overall quality on the ice. You can click the tag “Fan Confidence Poll” to view historical polls.