Tony DeAngelo had himself a night to remember. The defenseman scored a hat trick and added two assists as the Rangers topped the Devils. DeAngelo had a goal and two assists in the first and then a pair of goals in the second to complete the hat trick and five point night. After that, the Rangers held the Devils to the outside for the most part in the third, adding one insurance tally to put the game away.
- The Devils just kind of forgot that Artemi Panarin existed, and I find that to be hilarious since he was at the top of the circle when Tony DeAngelo fed him for that goal.
- Tony giveth, Tony taketh. He turned his back to Kevin Rooney on that goal. Bad icing beforehand by Ryan Strome led to the defensive zone faceoff on the powerplay.
- And then Tony gives it right back. Another goal that the Devils forgot about players creeping in from the point. I will have a lot of fun this game if the Devils continually do this.
- Now a set play by DeAngelo with a slap pass from his own zone (!) off the corner (!!) to Chris Kreider who tucked it under Mackenzie Blackwood. That was pretty.
- Remember when defensemen were able to do whatever they wanted in front of the net? I guess now forwards can. That was a clear crosscheck on Adam Fox by Blake Coleman. Woof.
- Pavel Buchnevich might be the unluckiest player on the planet right now. Just can’t buy a goal.
- Whenever Panarin passes and it goes by the Ranger on the screen, I immediately wonder who he is passing to, only to see another Ranger off screen skate into the puck. I don’t know how he does it.
- Igor Shesterkin is calm and collected in net. He’s not jumpy, just smooth. He’s the future.
- In what world is that a goal? Couldn’t even track the puck on the overhead camera.
- Man DeAngelo is having himself a game.
- That’s Brett Howden in front with the screen.
- And there’s the hat trick.
- The Rangers have been a little looser this third period. Feels like they are playing most of this period in their own zone.
- There’s two big saves from Shesterkin to keep it a two goal game.
- Strome sure can dish the puck, good finish by Jesper Fast and this one is over.
- Honestly – just bet the over on every single Ranger game going forward.
- Good lord Buchnevich really can’t buy a goal.
- Oh, and 46 saves by Shesterkin, but yet you didn’t really feel like he was challenged much except for that two save flurry in the third.
"Tony DeAngelo nets hatty, five point night in win over Devils",