Hehe, where do we even begin with this one? The Rangers were flat-out out-played and Vegas used their speed and talent to take advantage of this young defense corp. Hank with his play kept the team in this one, but the offensive players could not step up today. But enough of this intro, let’s get to the thoughts shall we? We’ll keep it pretty short tonight
- Oh so it was going to be one of THOSE games huh? Heck of an effort by both DeAngelo and Lundqvist to keep that puck out, but what are you going to do? That’s such a flukey goal and I don’t put blame on anyone.
- Now while I don’t put tons of blame on anyone for the first goal, the second goal is entirely on Brett Howden allowing Tuch to blow past him for a quick tap in. Howden is supposed to be this up and coming two-way forward? Prove it. I can’t see it with my eyes what makes him better than other centers in the system, and the numerous models out there by guys like Sean Tierney show this guy is just bad. Can a conversation be had that he might need some Hartford time?
- A brutal pinch by both Skjei and Trouba cost the Rangers that Smith goal. Yes, Lundqvist bit hard on the move, but don’t put your goalie in that kind of position where a guy gets a breakaway from your offensive zone.
- Cody Glass is going to be a really good power play threat for years to come in Vegas, holy smokes he made that pass to Pacioretty look easy.
- Lemieux is a better net front player right now more than Chris Kreider. I don’t know what Kreider needs to get going, but he needs to find it.
- The Rangers had their chances to score tonight, but death, taxes, and backup goaltenders playing well against the Rangers. Give Subban credit, played out of his mind tonight.
- The special teams were once again the difference tonight as the Rangers couldn’t get it going on the power play.
- How are you a former 5th overall pick and you don’t know you can’t throw your teammate’s stick to him when it’s on the ice?
- Please don’t embarrass Artemiy on Thursday against the Blue Jackets…
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93