Thoughts following Rangers/Bruins
The expected track meet between the Rangers and Bruins certainly started off that way, but it was the Rangers controlling most of the play. But it was clear the Bruins are the superior team, as the Rangers weren’t able to weather the storm, giving up three straight to give up the two-goal lead. They got a point though.
- We get it, Henrik Lundqvist is the greatest and hasn’t won a Cup yet. Stop making it the focal point of every pregame involving the Rangers. Also stop showing that stupid Alec Martinez goal. Just stop.
- Drop the puck already, yeesh. I thought I wouldn’t have enough time to grab lunch at 12:45, and I finished my lunch before this game started.
- Hank looks absolutely dialed in early – those were some tough saves. This is going to get ugly if the Blueshirts keep allowing these kinds of shots.
- This second powerplay unit really controlled the puck, but I’d like to see Jacob Trouba and Tony DeAngelo flip spots. Trouba is a shooter, so put him on the off-wing and let DeAngelo run it from up top.
- Pavel Buchnevich is having himself a year. Nice to get him in front of the net and a goal.
- Dare I say the Rangers are controlling play this period? *checks stats* Yup.
- You know what I dislike more than seeing that Martinez goal over and over again? Seeing Mike Milbury on these NBC broadcasts.
- The Rangers have allowed just 7 shots on goal through 25 minutes….what is going on here?
- Part of me wants to say the Bruins are tired, but the Rangers sure are taking advantage.
- What a read by Panarin there to start up that Chytil goal.
- Nothing like a stick to the jugular.
- What a waste of a 5 on 3, yuck. Too pretty. This will bite them.
- Man a bunch of deflections and Hank in his diving efforts knocks it in. Rough.
- And now it’s a tie game – even with Brad Marchand on the bench.
- Oh man another bad luck goal. Krejci’s shot hits Zibanejad and goes right to Pastrnak for the open net goal.
- Can’t give this team a powerplay late in a tie game. Playing with fire.
- Ohhh boy a double minor this late is fun.
- Until we see the Rangers powerplay at work…
- What a terrible time for the powerplay to look like a train wreck.
- Well at least they didn’t blow it completely.
- I love 3 on 3 overtime. There’s so much going on.
- And then Hank dives for the puck and my heart stopped.
- And game. Sigh. We all knew that was coming right?