No intro tonight, this game was abysmal. Let’s keep this short and sweet shall we?
- Burn the tape. Collect it, put it in a folder on a hard drive, put trojan viruses on that hard drive, and get rid of it. This was the worst game the Rangers have played since the Hertl 4 goal game in 2013. (Remember that made Biron retire?)
- That Kevin Shattenkirk guy is good huh? Still can’t convince me he wouldn’t have been effective on his off-hand on this team this season; high cap-hit or not.
- Can we fire Lindy Ruff now after this dumpster fire of a game? These defensive systems are TRASH.
- +/- is a bit of a bad stat cause more often than not, it’s used to contextualize that a player is some offensive/defensive stud, but I found it really interesting that Panarin’s line overall was a “+” tonight. Could be that Quinn didn’t have them on the ice much during the even strength goals, but it was just something interesting to see. 21 points in 17 games isn’t bad either for Panarin!
- Did the Tampa crowd really chant “We want 10?” To be honest, I wanted to see it too!
- Does anyone else agree that Jon Cooper has one of the most punchable faces? Guy seems so arrogant for someone whose teams choke in the playoffs on grand scales. Lest we forget they got shutout back to back in the ECF against the Caps, or SWEPT in the first round?
- So…..when is the trade deadline and the lottery?
- On the microscopic bright side in this game, at least Chytil continues to score at will. The kid is something to watch.
- Obligatory “One loss closer to Byfield” thought.
- See you all on Saturday.
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93