Henrik Lundqvist. That’s it, that’s the intro. Let’s begin shall we?
- Henrik Lundqvist is an ageless wonder. This Hurricanes team is an analytical darling and there’s a reason they are up high in the standings. Lundqvist was able to elevate his game to a level he’s been able to for the majority of his career and make save after save after save. While Shesterkin cooks in Hartford, it is great to have such a steady tandem in net with Lundqvist and Georgiev.
- The decision to scratch Brady Skjei was not the worst idea. I try to be as fair in my analysis as I can, but ever since signing that contract, Brady has not been able to recreate his game from 2016-17. It could be Lindy Ruff in how he’s coaching, it could be Skjei’s overall role on the team that he’s put in more of a shut down defender now than an offensive one, but either way, he needed a night in the press box.
- I sound like a broken record most nights when I compose these thoughts, but it cannot be stated enough how much fun it is to watch Artemiy Panarin night in and night out. So great to have that super star forward that shows tangible star power. Great work overall by the Strome and Fast duo on that first goal as well.
- Every member of the Rangers owes Henrik Lundqvist anything his heart desires, he was fed to the wolves.
- Pavel Buchnevich has gone more under the radar I would debate this season, but it is great to see him get a goal and put up yet another multi-point game. If the Rangers hope to be competitive soon, guys like Buchnevich are vital to a well balanced hockey team. The Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich line is fun as hell to watch
- Tony DeAngelo continues his hot streak of points with that sick shot which Lemieux then tipped. After reading the story of how he trains to tip pucks, it’s awesome to see him get in the “G” column. He’s also a REALLY good penalty drawer which is not talked about enough. It’s a skill that goes more under the radar during a game and over the course of a season, but if you want reps on your power play, you need someone to get you there.
- What more can you say about tonight’s game? Lundqvist is the main reason this one goes in the win column. Don’t know how a single person could dislike this man and what he has given this organization for years and years.
Follow me on Twitter @TylerRichard93