With the roster down to 36 players, the Rangers have trimmed their practice squads from three to two, with each having three forward lines, three defense pairs, and two goalies.
— Vince Z. Mercogliano (@vzmercogliano) September 25, 2019
Reading from left to right, Team B appears to be the top-nine forwards and top-six defensemen projected for opening night, plus Henrik Lundqvist and Alex Georgiev. Team A appears to be the fourth line and the fight for the final roster spots.
There are a few key things to take away from this, and we will go into much more detail in a later post:
- Ryan Strome appears to be the 2C, with Brett Howden the 3C and Lias Andersson the 4C. Filip Chytil is on the wing.
- Vitali Kravtsov is not in the top-nine, but Vlad Namestnikov is.
- Yegor Rykov is with the primary group but injured. Seems like a minor detail, but I think there’s more to that.
- Brendan Smith and Ryan Lindgren are listed ahead of Joe Morrow.
- Micheal Haley is on the 6th line.