With the roster down to 36 players, the Rangers have trimmed their practice squads from three to two, with each having three forward lines, three defense pairs, and two goalies.
Reading from left to right, Team B appears to be the top-nine forwards and top-six defensemen projected for opening night, plus Henrik Lundqvist and Alex Georgiev. Team A appears to be the fourth line and the fight for the final roster spots.
There are a few key things to take away from this, and we will go into much more detail in a later post:
- Ryan Strome appears to be the 2C, with Brett Howden the 3C and Lias Andersson the 4C. Filip Chytil is on the wing.
- Vitali Kravtsov is not in the top-nine, but Vlad Namestnikov is.
- Yegor Rykov is with the primary group but injured. Seems like a minor detail, but I think there’s more to that.
- Brendan Smith and Ryan Lindgren are listed ahead of Joe Morrow.
- Micheal Haley is on the 6th line.
"Rangers break into new practice groups, signaling potential opening night roster",