Continuing with the whole “trying something new,” it seems like there weren’t many that disliked this post after the first preseason game. So let’s go with it again. Let me know in the comments if you like it and want to continue with it.
- I snuck the game onto the TV at my sister-in-law’s place. No one has noticed. Let’s see how long this lasts. Don’t tell anyone.
- And a Micheal Haley fight. What a shocker. At this point, he has to know that everyone knows what kind of player he is, right? I mean, he’s been in the league for a while.
- And there’s Alain Vigneault, but not behind the bench. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised, he wasn’t really behind the bench during those last two years in New York either.
- My three year old niece just handed me a toy phone. Just had a conversation with AV about his tenure in New York. She was unamused. No one has said anything about the game being on yet. Shhh.
- Tim Gettinger is a big human.
- The lighting at the Wells Fargo center is making the Rangers’ white jerseys look off-white, and I like the look. It’s almost like it’s the same color as their 2012 Winter Classic jerseys. Give me off white thirds over the Liberty thirds.
- Filip Chytil with a nice pass…too bad Taylor Pyatt couldn’t finish. Seriously though, who was the last Ranger to wear #14? I had to look it up to see it was Gregg McKegg.
- I like the challenge by Ryan Lindgren on Sam Morin after that unnecessary hit on Nick
JonasJones. Although I do not know who Jones is.
- The Rangers have only given up one preseason PP goal? Wow.
- Make that two.
- And there’s the inevitable Kevin Hayes goal. Bad positioning in front by Lindgren and I believe Chytil.
- My niece is asleep. People don’t care that the game is on. For some reason my wine glass keeps refilling itself. No one move. I’ve hit the jackpot.
- I know it’s preseason, but the defense is in midseason form. Why is Lindy Ruff still here?
- And just as I say this, Matt Robertson with a bad turnover.
- Lias Andersson is still having himself a strong preseason. He’s going to piss off the haters when he has a strong defensive season. He may not put up 100 points, but he’s going to be a solid two-way player.
- End of the second period. It’s 3-0. My brother-in-law wants to play Quiplash. It’s a fun game that you should all try. So there goes the TV time for the Rangers.
- In writing this post this morning, I see Jones scored and the Rangers took a too many men penalty. Sky is blue.