Well I’m back. I was in Charleston, taking my lovely girlfriend for a long weekend for her 30th birthday. She will probably write about it on www.honkytonkfit.com soon, so if you are curious, keep checking that out.
Anyway I couldn’t watch most of the first three games of the series. I caught the third period of Game One from a local bar, which was the only part of this series I saw. I missed all of Game Two, despite being back in time to watch, because the hotel we stayed at had NBCSN, but not NBC (or any of the other flagship stations). I thought that was weird. For last night’s game, I was in the airport or on a delayed flight. Such is life.
I was able to read Twitter timelines, and I put together some general conclusions from the games:
- The Pens lost Game One by a goal. Sweep coming. Crosby stinks. Malkin stinks. Fire Johnston. Trade Malkin. Just put the Pens in front of a firing squad. They are done. Old Yeller them.
- The Rangers won Game One by one goal. Give them the Cup.
- The Pens take a lot of penalties.
- The Rangers lost Game Two. Bench Hayes. Bench Nash. Start Talbot. Fire AV. Start anew with the powerplay. Decline the powerplay.
- The Pens are going to win four straight. Everyone was right about this Rangers team being overrated. Blow it up. Trade for McJesus.
- The Pens don’t know how to stay out of the box. Not like it matters.
- Rangers win Game Three. Heart attacks had. Powerplay still stinks.
- The powerplay stinks.
- The Rangers would have won the Cup already if they had a powerplay.
- Why can’t they score on the powerplay?
I think I summed this up pretty nicely actually. But in all seriousness, this is going to be a long, long postseason if you live and die by each shot on net. They will not go 16-1 en route to the Cup. It’s much more likely that they go 16-12, because this team likes to make us sweat. Sit back, relax. Ok, just sit back. Fine, sit on the edge of your seat, don’t relax, and scream at your TV. Just don’t blame me when your neighbors complain."Thoughts after not being able to watch the first three games",