Chad Kolarik had a great game last night for the Connecticut Whale, with a goal in each period as the Whale defeated the Norfolk Admirals by a score of 5-2. Kris Newbury notched a goal and an assist and Tommy Grant added a goal in the third period to finish off the Whale scoring.
The game itself was extremely physical, and tempers boiled over when ex-Ranger/Whale John Mitchell boarded Matt Gilroy, receiving a two-minute boarding penalty in the process. Brandon Segal stood up for his teammate, and dropped the gloves with Mitchell. Segal wound up with an instigator and a ten-minute misconduct.
Another altercation occurred at the end of the game, when Blake Parlett received a five minute charging major and a game misconduct. JT Miller also received a game misconduct for partaking in a secondary altercation following the charge.
- Connecticut Whale (W 5-2)
- Shane McColgan (Sakatoon Blades): DNP – injured (thanks Jess)
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings, W 2-1): 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes, L 8-2): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Sam Noreau (Baie-Comeau Drakkar, L 6-5): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Calle Andersson (Färjestads BK, W 4-1): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM