I was at last night’s game, but arrived late because I was watching the Jets game nearby. Just a few things I noticed from last night’s game:
- Wade Redden fought?
- That was a hell of an offensive explosion in the last 40 minutes of the game. I wonder what Torts said to the team.
- Did Wade Redden really fight?
- Ryan Callahan is here to stay. This kid may not be a point-per-game guy, but I’ll take 40 points a year with the way he plays the game. He will be the captain of this team when Drury leaves.
- Did Wade Redden actually win a fight?
- Last night’s game was as scrappy as they come. It looked like there was a lot of bad blood between these two teams. I can’t wait until they play each other again.
- Did Wade Redden really get a cheer from the crowd for his fight?
- What a stupid penalty by Avery that led to the Gionta goal. Stupid stupid penalty. They need to stop doing that.
- I can now say I witnessed a Wade Redden fight.
- Let’s hope this six-goal outburst wasn’t an illusion. The last time the Rangers had an outburst like this (seven in a row against Columbus), they lost the next three by a combined score of 18-6.
Wade Redden won a fight!
Update 11:35am: Here’s the Redden fight: