Stats to chew on – Ryan Clowe joins the RangersApril 3, 2013, by
– Ryan Clowe ranked second on the Sharks in hits this year with 69. That total would put him fourth on the Rangers.
– Clowe ranked fifth on the Sharks in shots with 65. He’d be seventh on the Blueshirts.
– Before this season, here are Clowe’s power play points by year: 15 in 11-12, 13 in 10-11, 15 in 09-10, 24 in 08-09.
– Clowe has 45 points in 68 career playoff games including 18 points in 22 postseason appearances over the last two seasons. (Via @Mike_Rappaport)
– If Clowe was scoring at his career rate of 11.1%, he’d have seven goals.
– The list of Rangers regulars that are producing at a higher rate than last season: Rick Nash (.96 points per game, .72 in 2011-2012), Derek Stepan (.77 this year, .62 in 2011-2012), and that’s it.
– Derek Stepan has seven goals in his last 12 games.
– Marian Gaborik and Artem Anisimov each have nine goals. Anisimov has played in seven fewer games than Gaborik. (Via @DaveLozo)
– The Rangers have 13 games remaining, nine of them against teams in the playoff picture. Each of the next six matches come against playoff teams.
– The Rangers are 2-7-1 against Canadian teams and 15-7-2 against U.S-based opponents. Three of those U.S. losses have come against the Penguins. (Via Dave)
– The Rangers are 5-2-1 in their last eight games at Madison Square Garden.
– New York is 22-6-3 in its last 31 games against Southeast Division opponents.
– The team is 10-2-1 when scoring first this season.
– The Rangers are 11-5-1 when both Rick Nash and Marc Staal are in the lineup.
– On Monday Henrik Lundqvist tied Eddie Giacomin for second place on the all-time Rangers wins list with 266. Mike Richter holds the record at 301.
– Lundqvist has not allowed more than three goals in any of his last 15 starts. He is 8-6-1 with a 1.98 GAA and a .929 SV% over that period.
– Rick Nash ranks 11th in the NHL with 120 shots on goal.
– Lundqvist ranks 10th in the NHL with a 2.19 GAA and seventh with a .922 SV%.
– Brian Boyle ranks seventh in the league with 125 hits. Ryan Callahan is eighth with 119.
– Callahan is the only skater in the NHL with more than 100 hits and fewer than five minor penalties. (Via @NGreenberg)
– Dan Girardi is sixth in the NHL with 89 blocked shots.
– The Rangers have 37 points in 35 games this season, which puts them on pace for 50 points. We projected it would take 53 points to make the playoffs this year.
– New York’s current pace would put the team on track for 86 points in a full 82-game season. The Blueshirts racked up 109 points last year.
– The Blueshirts had 48 points after 35 games last year.
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 56 points. Next 5: @NYR, vsNYR, @Car @TB, @Fla
Devils: 39 points. Next 5: @Bos, vsTor, @Buf, vsBos, vsOtt
Islanders: 39 points. Next 5: @Wash, vsTB, vsPhi, @Bos, vsNYR
Flyers: 33 points. Next 5: vsMon, @Tor, @Wpg, @NYI, vsOtt
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust – 26gp, 4g, 5a, +12, 81PIM
John Mitchell – 35gp, 9g, 8a, +8
Brandon Dubinsky – 19gp, 1g, 8a, 39PIM. Out again with an injured knee.
Artem Anisimov – 28gp, 9g, 6a, -5
Tim Erixon – 26gp, 0g, 5a. Out with an “upper-body” injury.
Ruslan Fedotenko – 35gp, 3g, 7a, +7. Scored an overtime game-winner against Washington on Sunday.
Wade Redden – 23gp, 2g, 3a
Mike Rupp – 31gp, 1g, 3a, 65PIM
Jeff Halpern – 34gp,1g, 1a. Scored his first goal of the season on Monday.
– New York is ranked 30th in goals per game, 5th in goals against, 25th on the power play and 18th on the penalty kill.
– New York has only scored 22 second period goals this season, fewest in the league.
– 6 teams are averaging more shots per game than New York’s 30.6.
– No team has scored fewer goals on the road than the Rangers (27). The Rangers have also allowed just 39 goals on the road this season, second-fewest in the NHL.
– The Rangers have scored the second-fewest road power play goals in the league with five.
– New York ranks fourth overall with 1055 total hits.