- Over the last 19 games, New York is 10 for 52 on the power play.
- Arron Asham is the first player in NHL history to score a goal for each of the five teams in the Atlantic Division. (Via @Liam_McHugh)
- 11 of Mats Zuccarello’s 26 career NHL points have come on the power play, including 10 of his 18 assists.
- Zuccarello posted 11 goals and 17 assists in 44 games with Magnitogorsk of the KHL this season.
- Zuccarello is 5-10 lifetime in shootouts.
- The Rangers are 11-5-1 when both Rick Nash and Marc Staal are in the lineup.
- The Rangers have allowed their opponents to score first in 20 of 31 games this season. They are 7-11-2 in those matches.
- New York has scored nine goals in its last seven games.
- The Rangers are 5-5-1 against Atlantic Division foes this season.
- John Tortorella is one win shy of 400 for his career. He will be only the 30th coach in NHL history to reach that mark.
- Henrik Lundqvist (265) is one win away from tying Eddie Giacomin for second place on the all-time Rangers wins list. Mike Richter holds the record at 301.
- Rick Nash ranks eighth in the NHL with 111 shots on goal.
- Lundqvist ranks sixth in the NHL with a 2.21 GAA and sixth with a .921 SV%.
- Lundqvist has allowed three goals or fewer in each of his last 12 games. Lundqvist is 6-5-1 with a 1.98 GAA and a .928 SV% over that period.
- Brian Boyle ranks eighth in the league with 107 hits.
- Dan Girardi is seventh in the NHL with 80 blocked shots.
- The Rangers have 33 points in 31 games this season, which puts them on pace for 51 points. We projected it would take 53 points to make the playoffs this year.
- New York’s current pace would put the team on track for 87 points in a full 82-game season. The Blueshirts racked up 109 points last year.
- The Blueshirts had 42 points after 31 games last year.
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 50 points. Next 5: vsMon, vsWpg, vsNYI, vsPhi, vsMon
Devils: 37 points. Next 5: @TB, @Fla, vsNYI, @Bos, vsTor
Islanders: 31 points. Next 5: @Wash, @Phi, @Pit, @NJ, vsWpg
Flyers: 28 points. Next 5: vsNYR, vsNYI, vsBos, vsWash, vsMon
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust - 25gp, 4g, 5a, +13, 81PIM. Remains out with a separated shoulder.
John Mitchell – 30gp, 9g, 7a, +7
Brandon Dubinsky - 19gp, 1g, 8a, 39PIM
Artem Anisimov - 24gp, 8g, 2a, -8
Tim Erixon - 24gp, 0g, 5a
Ruslan Fedotenko – 31gp, 1g, 7a, +5
Wade Redden – 31gp, 2g, 3a
Mike Rupp – 27gp, 1g, 2a
Jeff Halpern – 30gp, 0g, 1a, -5. The Canadiens seem very happy to have Halpern back.
- New York is ranked 29th in goals per game, 4th in goals against, 25th on the power play and 13th on the penalty kill.
- The Rangers are eighth in the NHL with a faceoff win percentage of 51.3%.
- New York has only scored 19 second period goals this season, fewest in the league.
- 7 teams are averaging more shots per game than New York’s 30.25
- No team has scored fewer goals on the road than the Rangers (22). The Rangers have also allowed just 31 goals on the road this season, fewest in the NHL.
- The Rangers have scored the fewest road power play goals in the league with four.
- New York ranks fourth overall with 942 total hits.