After being held scoreless in his college debut, Brady Skjei made his presence known last night. Skjei notched a powerplay goal and an assist in Minnesota’s 7-1 rout of Michigan State. Skjei’s goal was on a one-timer from the point, and it was an absolute rocket. Minnesota’s victory last night completed a two game sweep of Michigan State, and may have solidified their standing as one of the top teams in the WCHA
Meanwhile, Steven Fogarty and Notre Dame, one of Skjei’s conference rivals, won the Ice Breaker Tournament in Kansas City with a 3-2 win in the finals over Nebraska-Omaha. Fogarty was again held without a point in the contest, and remains scoreless in his young NCAA career.
One other game of note: Oscar Lindberg scored again for Skellefteå last night. That gives Lindberg a line of 6-7-13 in 13 games, good for fourth in the league in scoring.
After the jump, check out the scoring lines from the NCAA games, SEL, and the three prospects from the CHL that were in action last night.
- Brady Skjei (Minnesota Golden Gophers): 1 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Steven Fogarty (Notre Dame Fighting Irish): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 2 PIM
- Shane McColgan (Saskatoon Blades): 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Sam Noreau (Baie-Comeau Drakkar): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM