One thing that has been constant throughout the Whale’s preseason is that top prospect J.T. Miller has been having a great series of games. That was true again last night as Miller picked up an assist on Andrew Yogan’s first period goal, and played another physical and creative game. Yogan, who also is having a fantastic preseason, got on the board with his goal, while Chris Kreider iced it with an empty netter in the third period. Chad Kolarik had the game winner late in the third.
Up in Canada, Shane McColgan and his Saskatoon Blades had a rough Friday night, losing 10-1 to the Swift Current Broncos. McColgan finished that game scoreless and with a -2 rating. On Saturday, McColgan’s Blades squared off against Michael St. Croix and the Edmonton Oil Kings. St. Croix had a goal and an assist in Edmonton’s 4-1 win over Saskatoon.
After the jump, see the lines for each prospect in action last night.
- Connecticut Whale
- Chris Kreider: 1 G, 0 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Andrew Yogan: 1 G, 0 A, +1, 0 PIM
- JT Miller: 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Shane McColgan (Saskatoon Blades, 2 games): 0 G, 1 A, -2, 0 PIM
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings): 1 G, 1 A, Even, 2 PIM