Around the Farm: Yogan notches assist, Stajcer strong in netOctober 5, 2012, by
Despite the fact that the Connecticut Whale dropped to 0-2 in the AHL preseason, there were a few bright spots for the club. First Andrew Yogan, who was strong in Wednesday night’s game as well, notched an assist and had another strong game for the Whale. The second was Scott Stacjer, who had a very strong game in net by stopping 21 of 22 shots. J.T. Miller was held off the scoreboard, while Marek Hrivik and Chris Kreider were not in the lineup.
Across the pond, both Oscar Lindberg (Skellefteå AIK) and Jesper Fast (HV71) were held scoreless in their respective teams’ victories. Rick Nash is still nursing his shoulder injury, and hasn’t played for HC Davos in Switzerland since last week.
Up north, Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL) had a rough night. St. Croix was held scoreless and finished with a -3 rating in Edmonton’s 4-1 loss to Prince Albert. Also, Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes, OHL) was held scoreless and finished with a -1 rating in the Petes’ 4-1 loss to Sudbury.
- Connecticut Whale
- JT Miller: 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIMs
- Andrew Yogan: 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIMs
- Scott Stajcer: 22 shots faced, 21 saves, 1 goal against
- Oscar Lindberg (Skellefteå AIK): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 2 PIMs
- Jesper Fast (HV71): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIMs
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton): 0 G, 0 A, -3, 0 PIMs