Around the Farm: St. Croix continues scoring waysSeptember 24, 2012, by
Even though the NHL is locked out, there is still plenty of hockey to watch and read about. In an effort to keep up with the Rangers prospects around the world, we are starting a new category of posts called Around the Farm. Whenever a Rangers prospect plays a game, we will give an update on how they performed.
A few notes about this: international games are tough to find recaps of, so for those prospects playing in Europe or Russia, it’s going to be tough for us to find information. Naturally if, if no prospect plays on a particular day, we won’t have an update.
Getting right to it, Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings) started the season in the WHL right where he left off. Last night he scored twice, and in his first two games he has three goals and an assist. It’s still early in the year, but St. Croix looks like he’s heading towards another dominant year in the WHL. He and Calle Andersson (4th, 2012) are the two players off to monster starts.
The only other prospect in action last night was Sam Noreau, who finished with no points and a -2 in a 5-0 loss to Quebec. After the jump, we will have the updated prospect stats through this point in the season (also found on the Prospect Stats page). In the future, we will have the scoring lines for players in action on that given night.
- Shane McColgan; Kelowna Rockets, WHL: 2 GP, 0 G, 2 A, Even, 4 PIM
- Michael St. Croix; Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL: 2 GP, 3 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak; Peterborough Petes, OHL: 2 GP, 0 G, 0 A, -3, 0 PIM
- Sam Noreau; Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL: 2 GP, 0 G, 0 A, +1, 7 PIM
- Calle Andersson; Färjestad BK/SEL: 4 GP, 4 G, 3 A, +1, 2 PIM
- Jesper Fasth; HV71/SEL: 4 GP, 1 G, 0 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Oscar Lindberg; Skellefteå AIK/SEL: 4 GP, 1 G, 3 A, +2, 2 PIM
- Thomas Spelling; Rögle BK/SEL: 4 GP, 2 G, 0 A, +2, 0 PIM
- Mikhail Pashnin; CSKA Moscow, KHL: 4 GP, 0 G, 0 A, +2, 8 PIM