Musings: Becky Gets a Guest PostSeptember 29, 2011, by
If you’ve been around these parts for a while, you’ve surely come across Becky at some point. A little background, Becky is one of my closest friends, and I more or less taught her how to be a Ranger fan in college. In December 2008, she told me that I should start a blog so that she can get a more detailed view of things, and the end result was Blue Seat Blogs. Another end result was a relatively unhealthy Twitter relationship between her and Chris, but that’s a whole different story.
Anyway, it’s good to get someone else’s point of view in the musings, as I’m sure you all know how me, Chris, and Suit feel about any given situation with the Rangers. So without further ado, here is a female’s perspective in this week’s musings:
I’m very excited to be writing the musings this week from a different point of view. I’m a relatively new hockey fan whose experience before 2008 was playing NHL on Sega with my brothers circa the early 90s and exactly two Islanders games at the Coliseum. I also haven’t written sports since my college paper junior year which was (yikes) five years ago, so bear with me:
- I cannot wait to be back in the Garden. I know that opening overseas is great for the NHL and everything, but I am literally craving the blue seats. Nothing beats the atmosphere up there.
- I also cannot wait for the first regular season game against the Flyers. Everything about that organization screams class. Do you guys think this is becoming the main rivalry? Even more than the Devils, Islanders, or Penguins?
- Has anyone else noticed that Jagr has not aged at all? I want his dermatologist’s number. At 39, he looks younger than Malkin at 25.
- I’m really proud of the Rangers (even Avery!) on Monday after the Sestito hit. Bickel – who is likely going back to Hartford – immediately stuck up for Deveaux, and did a damn good job of it. Something about starting a brawl to protect your teammate really rings well with me, and is something that the Rangers have been missing. More actions like that will leave that whole Carcillo/Gaborik thing behind us.
- Random, but can’t Jets and Giants fans just get along? Please? We don’t need this city divided over a sport we play in different conferences.
- How about Sather guaranteeing a Cup? Nice swag Slats.
- For any female readers looking to get a new jersey this season, the women’s fit is sick. Highly recommended. Now to decide between Boyle and Girardi…
- The Shanahan vids are amazing, and not just for their high unintentional comedic value. What he’s doing by handing out hefty suspensions for dirty hits in the preseason will hopefully set the tone for the regular season. I like that it’s only affecting clearly dirty plays, and not just the game – so I guess I disagree with Fatty.
- Hope you guys enjoyed! If my ramblings are entertaining, feel free to follow me on Twitter… or feel free to yell at me there. 8 more days, let’s go Rangers!